Generic Medical Advice & Services
Terms for use of the Online Medical Volunteers Consultancy Services:
- No medical advice. Umeed provides generic medical information & services through the Website as a triage application that connects patients and family members with medical volunteers (the “Application”). Umeed is not and shall not be responsible or liable for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information or products that you obtain through the use of the Application.
- Volunteers are independent of Umeed. You acknowledge that all medical volunteers accessed through Umeed are independent, and their advice is not verified or directed by Umeed. In no event will Umeed will be directly or vicariously liable for any advice or medical consultancy - or any loss arising therefrom - that any medical volunteers may provide to you as part of the Services. You acknowledge that although some of the content, text, data, graphics, images, information, suggestions, guidance, and other material (collectively, “Information”) that is provided to you on the Website (including Information provided in direct response to your questions or postings) may be provided by individuals in the medical profession, the provision of such Information does not create a doctor/medical professional-patient relationship. It does not constitute a direct medical diagnosis, treatment or prescription. All information contained on the Website is for information purposes only.
- No medical decisions. Umeed makes no medical decisions. All medical decisions and choices are yours, and We believe that you, in connection with the advice you receive from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider, are the best decision maker about your health. We cannot make decisions for you. However, what we can do is help you find good health information and connect you with doctors for in-person information. On Umeed you can ask and find informational questions and related educational answers by Medical Volunteers. The Website is not a place for the practice of medicine, but Medical Volunteers on the Website can be a resource for reliable, relevant general health information.
- No medical treatment through the Website. Even if your real life doctor is on Umeed, personal medical advice, treatment or diagnosis is not permitted through the Website. Any personal medical advice, treatment, or diagnosis must be delivered directly by your physician to you in a manner which adheres to all applicable laws.
- No recommendations or endorsements. We do not recommend or endorse any specific medical volunteer(s), tests, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Website. The inclusion of professionals, specialists and/ or medical volunteers on the Website or in any professional directory on the Website does not imply recommendation or endorsement of such specialists and/ or medical volunteers nor is such information intended as a tool for verifying the credentials, qualifications, or abilities of any specialists and/ or medical volunteers contained therein. Such information is provided on an ‘as-is’ basis.
- No reliance on information. Reliance on any information provided on the Website is solely at your own risk. In case of any medical emergency, contact your nearest doctor/hospital or any related helpline. Umeed (including its owners, employees and other staff), medical volunteers and third-party professionals who offer their advice through the Website accept no responsibility for any medical, legal or financial events or outcomes related to the Services availed through the use of the Website.
- No use for medical emergencies. The Services are not for use in medical emergencies or for critical health situations requiring prompt medical attention. In the event of a medical emergency you must contact emergency medical professionals in your jurisdiction.
- Information is not updated in real-time/No reliance on timely information. Information contained on the Website is not provided in real-time, You should never assume that the information contained on the Website is current. Any information you obtain on the Website which may be relevant to your situation should be immediately confirmed with your physician.
- Truthful and accurate submission of information. To the extent that you post, submit or otherwise provide information via the Website, you take full responsibility for ensuring that the information submitted is accurate. Umeed shall not make any effort to validate any information provided by you with respect to using the Services.
- Consultations are solely the opinions of medical volunteers. The opinions, statements, answers and tele-consultations (each a “Consultation” and, collectively “Consultations”) provided by medical volunteers through the Website are solely the individual and independent opinions and statements of such medical volunteers. They do not reflect the opinions of Umeed, its affiliates or any other organizations or institutions to which such medical volunteers are affiliated or provide services. Umeed does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Website or by a licensee of Umeed.
- No guarantee of uptime or availability. Umeed makes no warranty that the Services will meet your requirements, or that the Service(s) will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error free. This includes loss of data or any service interruption caused by Umeed volunteers. Umeed is not responsible for transmission errors or corruption of data.
- Personal use only. Umeed is for personal use and the Services are for individuals to use for supporting their personal health decisions. You may use the Website for personal, but not for commercial, purposes.
- Conversations monitored or recorded. The exchanges between the medical volunteers and the patient through the chat window are accessible to Umeed for the purposes of monitoring the quality of the consultation and improving the quality of the Website and Services.
- Suspension or termination for violations of these Terms. Umeed may, at its sole discretion, suspend or terminate your ability to use or access the Website at any time for any reason.
- Transmission of information. You hereby acknowledge that Umeed is not responsible for any intercepted information sent via the internet, and you hereby release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
If you have any grievance, comment, question or suggestion regarding the Website or any of our Services, please contact our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.